1 Year Foundation in Acting & Performance
This 1 Year Foundation in Acting and Performance course is a Level 4 Diploma from Trinity College London (Equivalent to 1st Yr BA Hons). Recognised nationally by the ‘National Qualification Framework’ (NQF)
Our 1 Year Foundation in Acting and Performance is designed to expose students to ‘The Craft’ - introducing and developing the skills needed to become a professional actor and performer. This 1 Year Foundation in Acting and Performance course covers an array of performance subject areas in order to fill the ‘Performers Toolbox’.
Students study their foundation year by training within a 'Company Style' approach. Meaning from the beginning of your Aelfa Academy journey, you become a full company member. Working alongside advanced students on company performance projects and benefiting from a peer to peer learning style which emulates the industry more efficiently and leans towards the 'old days' of Rep Theatre.
In our 1 Year Foundation in Acting and Performance course, students cover the following subject areas and more:
- Stanislavski System
- Meisner Technique
- Michael Chekhov Technique
- Movement & Fitness for the Acting
- Dance Styles (Ballet/Contemporary/Musical Theatre)
- Voice Technique
- Singing (Solo & Ensemble)
- Clowning & Physical Theatre
Term 1: Learn Your Skills
Term One is all about technique. All classes will be focused in :
- Neutralising bad performance habits.
- Introducing technique with in-depth understanding of the mechanics of the practice.
- Assessing progression.
Term 2: Refine Your Skills
Term Two allows the student to continue with technique whilst refining skills learnt by applying them to performance opportunities:
- Continued and extended technique in all areas.
- Begin work on the solo exam content.
- 2 Performance Projects - covering all performance disciplines.
- Stage Management of 2nd Year Production.
Term 3: Qualify Your Skills
Term Three is focused on student exam work and is qualified during July by Trinity College London. This term involves:
- Stage and rehearse exam work.
- Continue with technique classes.
- Take the ‘Associate’ Diploma exam in July and perform exam work in an in-house showcase.
1yr Foundation: Qualification
Associate Trinity College London Diploma (Level 4)
- Equivalent to a foundation degree year or HNC
- 100% Practical.